What Are 4×4 Groups?
4×4 Groups are gender-specific groups of around 4 people who meet together every week to intentionally grow in their trust and understanding of who Jesus is and their willingness to follow him in everyday life. 4×4 Groups offer some of the best opportunities to grow in a comfortable setting, and form lasting relationships!
4×4 Groups Do 4 Things Together
Grab 3 other people and pick a regular, weekly gathering time for coffee, breakfast, lunch, or any other time that allows you to meet for 60 – 90 minutes.
Begin by checking in with one another, transparently sharing your highs and lows for the week, and praying together.
Choose an intentional Bible reading plan to guide you in daily Bible readings. We recommend using The Village Daily Bible Plan or some of our other Discipleship Resources. You might also pick a book of the Bible and work your way through it. The YouVersion Bible app also contains hundreds of Bible reading plans.
Based on your daily reading and prayer outside of your 4×4 Group, ask each other these four growth and accountability questions:
- What is God saying to me in this?
- What am I going to do about it this week?
- What did I do or not do last week?
- What was the result of that?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a lesson plan or materials provided for 4×4 groups?
- 4×4 groups are led by their members and have no formal lesson plan or materials. Your group can choose whatever they would like to study! A book, a reading plan, a book of the Bible, etc. The Village does provide its Rooted Reading Plan as an option for groups to study!
- How can I find a 4×4 group?
- 4×4 Groups are supported by The Village, but not organized by The Village. All you have to do to create a 4×4 group is ask people to join you weekly to talk about God, pray for one another, and live life alongside one another!
- If you’re not sure who to ask to join you in this journey, think about who you would feel comfortable being open and honest with about your faith!
- Often a good path to creating 4×4 groups is by starting with a Village Group, and when comfortable, asking 3 members to join you in a 4×4 group.
If you have any questions, press the button to email us!